We at Ultra Ankle® understand no two feet or ankles are the same. Different ankle braces will have varying levels of comfort and mobility. Before returning your Ultra Ankle brace, please make sure you’ve followed all of the correct fitting instructions and read through the questions below. Quite often it is a simple fix to get your ankle brace to fit you comfortably. If after a week or two you decide the ankle brace you purchased is not for you, we’ll accept your return with no questions asked.
Before Returning Your Brace
- Having fitting issues? Make sure to watch the videos on our fit and sizing guide or contact one of our certified athletic trainers. Almost all fitting issues can be resolved with our ATs help.
- Brace doesn’t fit in your shoe? Make sure you have the recommended shoe type with traditional tongue and laces. If you do, 9/10 times our ankle braces will fit in your athletic shoes just fine, you need to loosen the laces completely all the way to the tip of the shoe and then tighten them back up once you have your foot and brace in your shoe. Contact our athletic trainers for more tips on getting your brace in the shoe.
- Not comfortable?
- Make sure you’re wearing the brace with a long sock for a few hours at minimum to allow it to break in.
- Wear the same brace on the same ankle every time. By wearing them on different ankles you may mess up the way it fits.
- During the break-in period, do not tighten the top straps to the point of discomfort. They may need to be a little loose while your ankle is adjusting to the new brace.
- If you’re having comfort issues on the bottom of your foot with the Ultra Zoom or Ultra CTS, try moving the lower inversion strap into the other strap slot.