Treat Osteoarthritis, Acute and High Ankle Injuries with our Ultra CTS Custom Treatment System.
- Osteoarthritis: With bone-on-bone joint irritation, or osteoarthritis (OA) you will need an ankle brace that will “unload” the ankle. Ankle unloading means the brace will absorb some of the impact from standing or walking that would normally be transferred into the ankle causing joint irritation and pain. For more details on how the Ultra CTS works for Osteoarthritis please visit our Osteoarthritis Page.
- Acute Ankle Injury: With an acute ankle injury you will most likely have weight bearing pain. The Ultra CTS will “unload” the ankle. Ankle unloading means the brace will absorb some of the impact from standing or walking that would normally be transferred into the ankle causing pain. Maximum lower leg and ankle support and stabilization will take stress off the injured ligaments allowing them to heal much quicker.
- High-Ankle Injuries: A high ankle injury occurs when the ankle is excessively externally rotated. The Ultra CTS has a hinged-cuff design which restricts excessive ankle inversion and ROTATION to treat both LOW and HIGH ankle injuries allowing the injured soft tissue to quickly heal.
Who Should Wear the Ultra CTS?
- Individuals, such as osteoarthritis patients, who want to reduce painful weight bearing impact that prevents pain free activity
- Athletes with an acute or high ankle injury who want to return to activity quickly
- The Ultra CTS can be used as an alternative to walking boots when appropriate
The Best Shoes to Wear with the Ultra CTS
- Recommended: Low-top sneakers that have a traditional tongue and laces where you can loosen the laces enough to fit the brace in the shoe.
- Not Recommended: Sneakers that have a sleeve or collar design that limit the opening of the shoe. Due to their limiting design, it is very difficult to insert any ankle braces in these shoes.
- Not Recommended: Tall boots or sandals.
- Still not sure if your shoes will work with the Ultra CTS? Message our athletic trainers for additional help.