Welcome to the Ultra Athlete family! Let’s get started on helping you wear your new Ultra Zoom ankle brace.
For ultimate comfort and protection, it’s important to review the information below before putting on your brace for the first time.
- Step 1: Watch the fitting video below for how to apply your new brace
- Step 2: If you have trouble fitting the brace into your shoe, contact one of our athletic trainers. Almost all fit and comfort issues can be addressed with more specific information related to your situation.
- Step 3: Wear the brace so it starts forming to your ankle. The first time you wear the Ultra Zoom it may feel stiff and somewhat uncomfortable because its new has yet to form to your ankle.
If you have any issues with the way the brace FITS in the shoe or FEELS on your ankle, send us a message.
Important Notes about your Ultra Zoom
- If you have pain initially, loosen the upper strap to lessen the pressure. Wear two pairs of athletic socks to provide extra cushioning until the brace forms to the ankle. Be patient through this break-in process.
- Ultra Zoom braces are not ankle specific. Since the Ultra Zoom will use your body heat to create a snug, form-fit to your ankle they will become ankle-specific after the break-in period is over.
- Because of this, make sure to mark your brace LEFT or RIGHT on the inner white tab on the top strap to identify which ankle it goes on.
- Accidents happen. If you only wear one brace now and end up hurting your other ankle, do not put your used Ultra Zoom brace on your other foot. Doing so will be uncomfortable and cause your ankle brace to start losing its shape.
- If you’ve ordered a Small/Medium brace and the lower inversion strap fits but the top strap is too short, purchase an extra long strap for added comfort. You do not need to size up to a larger brace. X-Long straps are available for purchase via our website only.
- More information on cleaning and care instructions are available – including what to do if the hinge on your brace ever starts to squeak.
Questions? Send us a message – we’re here to help.
Replacement straps or pads
All braces use the Upper Activity Strap, but only the Ultra Zoom and Ultra CTS use the lower inversion strap. Here are some helpful tips for replacing your straps and pads.
- When you’re replacing the straps on your brace, do so one strap at a time so you can see how they were originally inserted.
- When replacing the pad, make sure to align the velcro on the new pad with the existing velcro on the shell.
Fitting Questions and Concerns
If you’ve followed the steps for getting a proper fit or if you’ve tried to break-in your brace but still are experiencing discomfort, please contact our customer support team. We can help you make adjustments to your brace and make sure it is comfortable to wear.