Welcome to the Ultra Athlete family! Let’s get started on helping you wear your new Ultra CTS ankle brace.
For ultimate comfort and protection, it’s important to review the information below before putting on your brace for the first time.
- Step 1: Watch the fitting video below for how to put on your new brace
- Step 2: Wear the brace so it starts forming to your ankle. The first time you wear the Ultra CTS it may feel stiff and somewhat uncomfortable because it’s new and has yet to form to your ankle.
If you have any issues with the way the brace FITS in the shoe or FEELS on your ankle, send us a message.
Important Notes about your Ultra CTS
- If you have pain over the injury site, loosen the upper straps to lessen the pressure over the painful area. Once the injury starts to heal and the brace forms to the shape of your ankle then you can tighten the straps for more security as your activity level increases. Be patient through this break-in process.
- When putting on your Ultra CTS brace, secure the middle strap first followed by the lower inversion strap that goes over the foot, then lastly secure the top strap.
- When you secure the straps over the top of your foot, make sure they do not overlap on top of each other and that they are fully secured to the pad that goes over the top of the foot.
- If you’ve ordered a Small/Medium brace and the lower inversion strap fits but the middle strap is too short, purchase an extra long strap for added comfort. You do not need to size up to a larger brace. X-Long straps are available for purchase via our website only.
Questions? Send us a message – we’re here to help.
Replacement straps or pads
- When you’re replacing the straps on your brace, do so one strap at a time so you can see how they were originally inserted.
- When replacing the pad, make sure to align the velcro on the new pad with the existing velcro on the shell.
Fitting Questions and Concerns
If you’ve followed the steps for getting a proper fit or if you’ve tried to break-in your brace but still are experiencing discomfort, please contact our customer support team. We can help you make adjustments to your brace and make sure it is comfortable to wear.