The primary goal of the Digital Content & Social Media intern will be to help increase our social media presence and brand awareness on multiple digital platforms to reach potential customers, such as youth athletes and their parents.
This is a paid position based in Indianapolis, IN with the opportunity for paid travel to sporting events (club volleyball tournaments) in the Spring of 2022. You must be available to come into the office during Monday–Friday from 9am-4pm for 10-20 hours per week. Specific working hours within that timeframe are flexible and can be based around classes and any athletic obligations. As part of this position, you will be required to travel to a few club volleyball tournaments that may require travel (all expenses paid) so a valid driver’s license and the ability to work on weekends is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing, scheduling and maintaining new daily and long-term content opportunities on all Ultra Ankle social media channels
- Post content to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Edit social media graphics, copy write for posts and blog articles, and shoot basic photography and videography for social.
- Execute paid/sponsored social media campaigns across multiple social media platforms
- Track and report analytics for Ultra Ankle social accounts
- Potential for paid travel to sporting events across the country to sell Ultra Ankle products and promote our brand
- Work with the marketing team, college athletes, professional athletes, and agents to promote our brand ambassadors through social media and other digital initiatives
- Current college student seeking communications, digital media, journalism or related degree
- Interest in pursuing future career in writing, content development and/or digital media
- Innovative person, who is looking to put their creativity to work
- Prior experience or interest in learning how to use a Content Management System (CMS) to post content
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience with basic photo editing
- Experience with HTML and email templates a plus.
- Strong interest/knowledge of sports, especially volleyball, is a plus
- Strong written, verbal communication skills, along with attention to detail, are a MUST
- As frequent travel is required, the candidate must be willing to follow all event, facility, and travel restrictions that third parties we work with put in place related to COVID-19 protocols.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and the answers to the following questions to Kristi Thacker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How did you hear about this job?
- Will you be enrolled in college courses for Spring 2022 semesters? Full or part time?
- Please list your availability Monday-Friday from 9-4 p.m:
- Would you be willing to travel to and work at sporting events select weekends in the Spring of 2022? This may involve driving or flying to your destination, and working at tournaments selling our product:
- Please briefly describe your writing and/or social media experience:
- Do you have social media advertising experience?
- Do you know how to create and edit videos for social?